Vocational Education (VET)
What is VET?
VET stands for vocational education and training. The effective combination of training and practical skilling allows students to learn from experience and to gain a nationally recognised qualification.
VET Faculty at Strathfield College
The College campus is well equipped to deliver a range of professional courses. We have computers for class work, reference and assignments and each computer is set up with all the necessary software. Other resources such as DVD’s, CD’s and text books are also used to support the delivery of our business courses.
Teachers at Strathfield College are highly qualified both in their teaching areas and as teachers and trainers. It is essential for them to have business experience and to keep their business skills current.
Above all they are people who can communicate effectively with students and who are sympathetic to the special needs of the members of their classes. Everyone should feel comfortable about asking for assistance.
Why take a VET course at Strathfield College?
- VET qualifications start at Certificate level and go up to Diploma to Advanced Diploma and on to university.
- VET is a cheaper, faster and easier way to get a degree.
- Strathfield College VET qualifications are recognised by universities around Australia. Many of the universities will give credits.
- VET training is structured so students can easily understand the skills and knowledge and therefore you can easily manage the assessments.
- VET training prepares you for employment by teaching the skills that directly apply to the jobs you will want in the future.
What can I study?
- Strathfield College offers a range of Business Management courses that you can study alone or in packages to further your career. Remember that you can combine VET courses with English to top up your English and feel more confident about your vocational training.
- Business Administration, Management, Marketing and Accounting, Hospitality Tourism and IT are currently available.
Course Entry Requirements
International students wishing to undertake Vocational Education and Training (VET) must be over 18 years of age and have completed Year 12 or equivalent. The English level required is IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
Local students must be over 18 years of age and have completed Year 12 to enter a Diploma level course or Year 11 for a Certificate IV level course. Other options may be available sp please talk to our marketing staff. If you are unsure whether you meet the entry requirements please contact the college for assistance.
Fast Tracking Courses
Fast tracking is defined as the delivering of a set course in a reduced period with an academic rigour that is equal to the course undertaken in normal time.
There are conditions which students must meet and agree to when applying for a fast track course and a fast track fee also applies. Please contact the College marketing staff for further details.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Students have the option to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). This involves the assessment of unrecognised learning against the requirements of a qualification and removes the need for duplication of learning that can save students time and money.