ICT Career Pathway: Charles Sturt University
ICT BUSINESS ANALYSIS STREAM
If you undertake our Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Business Administration you can access our pathway to a Bachelor program with Charles Sturt University with a major in ICT Business Analysis Stream.
This exciting new pathway creates many opportunities for a career with a real future in Australia.
Charles Sturt University’s Bachelor of Business Studies enables students to design their course around their own particular business interests including an ICT Business Analysis focus.
By utilising the extensive list of subjects developed by the Faculty of Business and School of Computing and Mathematics it is possible to complete the bachelor program with an ICT Business Analysis focus.
This flexibility allows you to construct a study program that addresses the academic requirements of an ICT Business Analyst, also called Business Systems Analyst, Business Systems Planner or Solutions Architect.
- Choose sufficient subjects to specialise in ICT Business Analysis within the Bachelor of Business Studies qualification from a recognised and reputable university.
- Business Analysts assess the overall business and information needs of an organization. They coordinate the design of new IT solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity.
- Business Analysts work together with Project Managers and System Developers to realise overall organizational goals.
- Project Managers rely on the Business Analyst to assist in providing more detailed project objectives, system requirements, business process analysis and cost-benefit analysis.
What types of careers are available?
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) spans a huge range of human endeavour, and is a critical component across every organisation and most industries. This makes ICT skills very much in demand.
- Work in the IT Business Analyst / IT Programming.
- Use your skills in Business or Management e.g. Accounting, Administration.
- Business Analysts develop careers as consultants, liaising with top-level management.
- Develop specific skills for Systems Architect or move to Project Management or Account Management positions.
The ICT Business Analyst Stream - recognized by the Australian Computer Society.